Thread: GZ Top Speed
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #26
Jordan310

Its got the power, it just was not designed for it.
In any case, after modding my bike and doing everything possible to it - then crashing it and buying a Ducatti - Ive learned a few things.

1. Modding this bike is fun as hell, and the bike (stock or modded but modded even more so) gets attention.
Its a great looking little starter bike that looks a little like a Harley, and is a bit different.

2. It can with very little modification and 0 to the engine itself reach a top speed of 85Mph, a likely kept top at 80Mph, and a realistic held top at 75.

3. When you reach the point of feeling that the bike just is not strong enough, fast enough, or too weak when it comes to wind, rain, power etc ... its time to get a bigger / stronger bike. This little guy is a fun bike for sure, and if you use it for daily commutes in the city, and to save gas around town - its awesome. Its just not quality, durable, or powerful enough in the reliability and power dept. for long trips. The bike was not designed for that.

4. The 16 tooth sprocket is not needed. I eventually took it off, and it made little difference with the way I rode, and keeping that top end. Argue with me all you want, but I know better. I have modded this bike so much, that it barely rode like a Suzuki.

5. In the end, and overall it was fun. But I completely changed my mind on a few things. If I were to do it all over again, I would not have modded the bike to such extent. My suggestion to you is to learn as much as you can on it, ride it stock, then move up to a 650 or 750cc. Get that down, and move to a 800-1200cc. When you can say that you know how to handle the power of the GZ, get out of tricky situations by reflex, know the way they handle inside and out, then start looking for a bike with an aftermarket part crowd, and a reliable engine. Upgrade.

6. This was an awesome forum for me while I had the bike.

Good luck, and ride safe.

- Jordan

:2tup: