View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
Lost_Ronin

I don't have any video on my build. Really a motorcycle is a motorcycle so if you get on youtube there are a tone of guys chopping and showing how to wire these up. It really just depends on what you want and how far you are willing to go. I still haven't cleaned up my wiring as much as I want. My last step if to build a battery box to mount on the swing arm in front of the rear tire. I will mount the fuses, switches there. As for now they are just bolted right under the front of my seat. A great channel on youtube is LNSPLTBLVD. These guys go hardtail, springer front ends, and suicide shifters but they show alot of the basic ideas with stripping them down and cleaning everything up.

A few things to keep in mind. I have a sportster tank installed and I had to weld tabs to get it to mount. Need to be extremely careful welding around fuel. If you get rid of the airbox you will need to rejet the carbs. I made a short velocity stack inbetween the carb and pod filter to get the air to feed properly.

I would recommend taking small steps and progressively take it farther and closer to what you want. It is easy to get in over your head.