View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

Re: SS32 Windshield for Accessories International

I called today and the guy gave me a sort of "iffy" RMA. He kind of said something to the effect of, if there was any indication I had attempted to install it, they can't take it back. If I wasn't distracted with greater concerns, like the potentially imminent collapse of Western civilization, I would have pointed out why his attitude indicated out-sized balls, but, since I had the RMA, I let it go. I'll let you know if I get an actual refund.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm probably one of the least talented on here mechanically, but I'm not a complete novice. I have pretty extensive set of tools and such and I've used every one of them. I have done some tricky assed joinery that would probably impress many of you manlier men, and I know my way around routing table, table saw, chop saw - all of which are in the garage, plugged in and ready to go. (Yeah, I know, too bad the bike isn't made out of wood.) My point is, I know the difference between a tricky installation and crap quality control. On the ill-fitting horizontal strap, one side lined up just fine. It should have been symmetrical, but it wasn't. Simple matter of making sure the holes were drilled in the sheet metal in the right place...

If I'd paid 79 bucks for the thing, I would understand, and I would have effed with it to make it work. But for $229 I expected something decent and this did not meet my expectations.

Login or Register to Remove Ads