View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Sarris

Re: Traffic jams & "riding the shoulder"

Some cage drivers are assholes and just hate bikes and bikers. In 35 yrs. of riding I've seen it all.

My favorite riding phrase is "The best way to get someone in front of you to speed up is to try to pass them". They'll hit the gas 90% of the time to keep you from going around them. People pass me all the time and then slow down just because the don't want a motorcycle in front of them. Or the drag race to merge 2 to one lanes. Or block you with the cage to keep you from getting by. Or twitch the steering wheel when you go by (a REAL panny pisser). SOS.

I take the tact to just pull over and let the asshole pass and get some distance on me. It ain't worth starting a fight you can't win. The cage ALWAYS wins.

BTW, in most states it is illegal to cross the white line to use the shoulder to pass other traffic. How do I know?? I got a $125 ticket for the same damn thing two years ago. I tried to go around backed-up traffic to get to the right turn lane. I only passed 25 cars or so. OOPS. The 17 year old FHP ocifer was not amused.

:jo: :jo: :jo: :jo: