View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
David Bo

Re: UPDATE - New K&N Filter, Emgo Muffler, and Carburator Mods

I am one who personally does not give a crap about the resale value... I bought this motorcycle as a toy and I always liked to tinker with my toys . I only use top quality FULL SYNTHETIC engine oil (currently running with Royal Purple 10W-40). I also don't think the modifications I did are all that drastic.

On your question about why Suzuki does not make all of their GZ 250 bikes with full blown horsepower... I think all of the bikes that come over here to the US from Japan have to meet up with the high "California Emissions" laws. I am not an expert on this subject but why else would they send them here with tiny exhaust pipes and "air intake reducers" on the GZ air filters? As many people have mentioned in previous posts - the stock GZ's run VERY lean... It must have something to do with less emissions coming out of the exhaust pipe to meet the high California standards. I don't think Suzuki makes "special motorcycles" for the state of California and "regular" motorcycles for the other 49 states. I'm sure they think of us as one big bunch and make their bikes to met the emission standards for the whole country.

Finally, the idea is to have "fun" on your ride... If the modifications that I and some of the other guys on this forum have made means that the engine life will be reduced to 35,000 miles instead of 40,000, so what? I believe in quality not quantity... When my bike reaches 35,000 miles and breaks down, I will cut it in half and make two kick-ass wheelbarrows !!! :tongue:

Login or Register to Remove Ads