View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #29
alanmcorcoran

Re: Full vs three quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
... but I have to look at this sorta like people that say "I love camping!" And then show up in a huge RV with air conditioner, microwave the works.
Camping can be fun. Burning stuff, wicked awesome gear, playing with knives and guns. It's the crappy food, sleeping in a tent and crapping outdoors that I don't care for. RV's are sort of fun. Like a big suitcase with a drivetrain and a bathroom attached. Downside? Lots of stuff that is both cheaply made and requires effing with (leveling the fridge, filling the water, emptying the toilet, raising the antenna, hooking up the cable, hooking up the juice, lowering the antenna, filling the gas tank, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
... Imagine this scenario if you will: Fresh starbucks. MMM yummy. You hit a pot hole. Spill fresh coffee all over your "member" swerve in agony. Side swipe the SUV next to you. Bye bye Alan. Oh all while wearing a 3/4 helmet.
There aren't actually any cup holders on the Strat. But I liked your scenario! "Mmmmmm......, donutssss!" An excellent way to go.

Also, if I hit an SUV with the Strat, it's buh-bye SUV. I think I scraped an Escalade off my windshield last week.