Thread: Floorboards
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Re: Floorboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOaks
Hi Boys, I know this post is from wayyyyy back in 2007, but it fits my "needs" lol. I am super uncomfortable with my pegs. I am only 5'6", but I get crampy with my knees bent...as it is, with all of my cars through the years, I drive with my toe tips...prefer my legs stretched out. EVENTUALLY I dream of having crash/highway bars and pegs....but will still want to move my stock pegs and shifter forward, and I don't know...they just seem close in, and the size/shape is wonky to me....God I am a whiner, aren't I? :poke2: :crackup :crackup :crackup

This is one of the reaasons too that I am considering sculpting my seat....I feel as if I slide forward in my seat...need it more curvy for my curves...and higher in the front than the back. :biggrin: :twisted: :biggrin:
Suaun, what you have is a typical fit all seat that doesn't work well for many riders. I can't remember how the GZ seat pan is molded but if you can sculpt it to more of a tractor seat shape it would be much better. You need to sit in the seat rather than on it. Sliding forward all the time is very annoying, tiring and just plain painful.
I see if I can find an example of painful and almost perfect seats for my Vstrom.
The biggest difference I have noticed with a Corbin seat is the posture and hip position. A similar shape on the GZ might make a tremendous difference to your comfort.