View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
alanmcorcoran

Re: Banning Idyllwild Panoramic Highway

Pretty much. I asked them if I could play. Also, they had a bench and the piano wasn't a piece of shit. I am still not quite ready for prime time (thus my tendency to play out of the way places - last year I played three nights in Solvang) but, I'm getting there. I have 43 Christmas songs divided into A's, B's, C's, and D's. (I also have a couple of "forget it for nows.") If I can get them all up to A or A-, I'll start playing locally. I do have a date this year at the local Border's to ease my way in.

This was the first gig where they offered to pay me in something other than free food and drinks, so that's a big milestone. However, I refused the $. I might go with a tip jar. Maybe next year I'll have the confidence to charge (but, for me, it's not really about the money - but the idea someone was willing to pay was pretty nice.)

I uploaded an old Midi from 2008. It's a bit plodding and slow (I get really nervous when recording) but it gives you some idea of where I'm at. (this one I've worked on a lot since and it's an "A" now...)

EDIT: not sure what the issues is, but the .mid won't upload...