View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
gzlocal

Re: Fixed leaking petcock; Don't buy a new one yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzlocal
No worries Gz rider. And oh yes, I absolutely torque it down tight. I learned that lesson a long time ago when changing the oil on my car. I have a torque wrench, but I usually just use a breaker bar and get it very snug to avoid things like this, because it would be difficult to remove with a standard socket wrench that way, which most people carry around in their cars. I don't believe it was necessarily an act of theft as much as it was an act of vandalism. I guess someone hatin' on bikers maybe.

I know they stole it because there was no trail of oil leading up to my parking spot. And there would have been since the speed limit is a ridiculous 20 mph. There was also no plug under my bike if it had to have happened to fall out there. I'm telling you, the things I've seen around that campus are beyond something any normal human would do.
Man that is some cold Sha-zit! The funny thing is it seems to me someone on this site was once lost trying to find the plug. Your thief/vandal had to know what they were doing. I really though alantf figured it out. I guess not.
Yea, tell me about it. I would rather have my hindquarters whipped than go through that again. I wish it was my own stupidity (which I'm VERY guilty of VERY commonly). Now I'm paranoid to drive it there on a daily basis. Way to screw up my entire plans for buying the bike in the first place.

New plug only cost me $4. So to whomever stole it, I would like to publicly announce that I do not condone behaviors straddling that borderline upon pure evil incarnate and insanity. So as a personal message to my unseen vandal, :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:, from all four of my appendages.

Login or Register to Remove Ads