Thread: rear flat tire
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonj2932 View Post
hey all , so i need some help and wisdom since i obviously am very unwise. So heres the story , i woke up to ride my bike to school and it had a flat . being me i just inflated it to see where the air was leaking. there was a small nail inside the tire. took out the nail but i did not actually test to see weather the nail had completely penetrated the tire since it was very mall. i proceeded to plug the tire by myself for the first time ever since i saw that the tire said tubeless on it. I plug it and i guess i did not do it right cuz the plug was leaking air when i tested it with soap and water. took it to a tire shop to get properly plug. then proceeded to use Fix-a Flat after the tire kept losing air from somewhere else that i could not find. Brought the bike into the quietest environment possible. i was able to hear the air leaking now. still could not for the love of god find the hole. Placed arm on valve stem , valve stem leaks. tested valve stem with soap and water , valve stem and several spokes were leaking , ,.. what the hell!!! doing some research i came across sum one saying all tubeless tires have tubes inside of them if the rim has spokes. can anyone confirm this. and now how do i fix my tire?? ive never done this before on a motorcycle
You plugged the tire but did not repair or replace the tube. As soon as you added air it leaked from the tube and found it's way to the spokes and valve stem to reach freedom.

Some bikes have tubeless tires but do need a tube because the wheel itself is designed for a tube to hold air. As for doing the tube replacement or repair I have always gone to a shop and let the experienced folks do the job. If I muck it up myself trying to save a buck I have to go to a shop anyway and that just increases my costs.