View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
alantf

Re: Baron Engine Guard?????

It just occurred to me to give you a heads up on how to adjust the brake pedal, in case you're not sure.

Under the brake pedal, you'll find a bolt with a lock nut. Slacken the lock nut and adjust the bolt until the pedal is in the position you want. Tighten the lock nut.

At the rear wheel. adjust the nut on the brake rod until the brake operates with ½" of free play at the pedal. You may have to move the operating arm on the spline, by loosening the nut & bolt, pulling off the arm, and repositioning it. (I needed to do this to give me sufficient thread left for efficient brake adjustment)

Half way along the bike you'll find the adjuster for the brake light (on a spring). Twist the adjuster until the brake light comes on just after you push down on the brake pedal.

Go for a short ride and see if the pedal is in a comfortable position. If not, adjust it until it feels right for you.

It's really easy to do with just a couple of spanners (wrenches?). Just make sure all the nuts & bolts are snugged up, nice and tight. :2tup: