View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Full vs three quarter

I'm thinking about picking up a second, three-quarter size helmet for the commute to the office and short rides around town. On a scientific basis, I'm aware that this is probably not a good idea as pretty much everything I've ever read says: 1) you get in as many accidents just popping out for a quick errand as you do on a gnarly tour and 2) always wear all the gear all the time, fool!

Nonetheless, I don't wear the armored Batman pants into the office already (wranglers) and, the 3/4 would save me from the whole eyeglass dance and allow me to finish my coffee before I head out in the am. Besides, my ski helmet is a three quarter type - not sure they even sell the full monty. Back (in the Jurassic period) when I rode the scooter I had a three quarter as well.

Seeing how it's winter and all, and this is a nice polarizing, emotional (and absolutely for real!) topic, I thought I'd throw this chum in the water and get your collective wisdom. (I'd still go full battle rattle for extended rides, canyon twisties, freeway, etc.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads