View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
bwader

More like 21mpg! I started with a full tank on the 84 miles. I'm real sad about that, I got 50 highway and 65 mpg with mostly 45mph in years past.
Yeah I'm going to check petcock over next couple days as time permits. if it leaks by. I had it in the normal position with just 2 gallons in tank. I could do a quick fix putting a valve to stop fuel going to carb when parked in meantime.

My carb months ago I replaced carb needle and brass part it seats with. And cleaned passages and removed jets too, and put back together on bike. It ran great afterward. I had issues at that time of not being able to open up throttle without issues before that cleaning and repair.

I'll try replacing head gasket if need be after I check gas in OIL and drain. Time for oil change anyway I got a 3 pack of oil filters recently and I'm scared my gz will be down and require a lot of money ever since I saw my bike like this. Hopefully it's just gas leaking from petcock into carb and into engine and that would explain the bad gas mileage.

Other problem the head/cylinder gasket. I have some rtv sealant