Thread: Intake (K&N)
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan310
Im really surprised too.
I think its a 32 or 34mm outlet from the carb. Someone has to know what to do here.
My mechanic already laughed and said no prob, but Im trying to get somebodys expert oppinion.
I think I'm an expert. Does that count? :roll:

Let's think about this logically for a minute.

If the inlet to the carb is 34mm, the inlet to the filter is about the same size so theoretically there is not restriction there. The surface area of the filter is HUGE compared to the 34mm inlet so there shouldn't be any significant restriction there either. So, where is the restriction?

If (too lazy to take the cover off and measure right now) the inlet to the filter is smaller than the carb throat (input) then I think the easiest, cheapest and safest thing to do would be to carve out that inlet hole to make it bigger.

Like removing the air box inlet diverter, there would be a SMALL chance of sucking some water if you get caught in a VERY heavy rain.

BTW, I have run with and without the inlet diverter several times and can't see any real difference. I have left it off though because I am otherwise stock except for the 16T sprocket and need every ounce I can get at the top end............even if it is only imaginary!! :cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads