Thread: Log your rides
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Log your rides

I'll start.

Today (02/20/2010) I rode about an hour and a half on the SV650 putting about 80 miles in the seat. Mostly interstate, but there were some side roads and a couple of distraction rides to get some pics. I rode down our main artery from the north side of Tulsa (Owasso) to the south side (to Broken Arrow).

The weather was about 45 degrees out and it was foggy with a heavy mist and some slight rain. It wasn't uncomfortable in my FG Ranier jacket and long-johns under my jeans, but it was definitely muddy on the roads due to the excessive sanding and salting they do around here in winter.

The ride was to get a few pictures for a scavenger hunt TAG-type game I participate in on a local motorcycle board here in Tulsa. Pictures of your bike in front of interesting things, and the others have to duplicate it. etc. etc.

No notable interactions except with a little girl looking at me through the back window of her mom's car at a stop light. She waved real big side to side, so I waved real big back (up/down) and she got super excited. She turned around and immediately told her mom in the front exactly what happened, mimicking the hand gestures and everything. It was funny and kinda heartwarming. ( :puke: )

I road for about 3 hours on Sunday as well, picking up I think my favorite of the pictures of this SV so far:

Let's keep this going. Try and get at least a few regulars riding and posting a log of your ride, even the most mundane details help fuel the fire.