View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 AM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
If it's waterproof boots you want, try to get a pair with the IMPRAPERM markings. I believe it's a German company (try googling impraperm) They really do work, and never let any water in.

b31.jpg
Nice looking boots Alan. But I do have a problem with getting the right fit. I need a size 12 with a 4E width. Yup, that wide. That said, I actually lucked out in 2007 by finding a pair of Alpinestar waterproof boots during my travels in Tenn, U.S. of A. I had all but given up on actual riding boots after searching for a good fit for 2 years. Needless to say I bought them right there and then. Oddly enough they were the only model of Alpinestar that fit me in 2 years of looking. No other boot made by anyone came close.

One boot has developed a very slight leak and I just want to fix that. I did try a spray on coating to stop the leak but it didn't last too long. All I really need is to waterproof what I have in case I get caught in the rain. That said, I plan on being a sunshine rider only but preparation for the unexpected is always a good thing.

The Velcro top fastener started to loose it's grip and I had the local shoe repair fellow add a couple button snaps to solve the problem.

As for everyday shoe wear I hunt down a pair of New Balance shoes. They offer wider shoes that fit but that intails many miles and hours of searching to and fro for a pair in stock to try on. I have fallen arches and also need an arch supports in my shoes so that complicates matters a bit.