View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
dannylightning

Re: biek sputtering in the cold weather (non GZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
I just read the part where you had decided to go all the way with pipes and stuff if you are going to have to rejet.

If that stuff is your eventual goal anyway, then "yes", that's a good idea. Might as well knock it all out at once, but getting your jetting just right takes time and patience if you do it yourself. Letting a shop do it would be faster and they could probably guarantee the work, but I wouldn't advise spending lots of money up front. You may find that with proper jetting these little adjustments that you made will be pleasing enough.

Check out the Intruder forums and see what those guys think about the availability of these parts and their ease of installation. They'll have insights into this that we can never offer, as I've never even seen a Volusia up close.

what is the forum your talking about???????

they say this is the deal for my bike with new pipes and a K&N filter if you buy a dyno jet, ket kit.

150 or 155 main, 37.5 pilot jet, dyno spring, dyno needle on 3rd notch, mix screw at 2.5 - 3 turns. Adjust idle knob as needed to reach 1100 rpm.

i can still look around and find info some info on the volusia riders forum but not sign in and ask any thing

Login or Register to Remove Ads