Thread: Just a reminder
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Just a reminder

Just a reminder for those of us getting ready for spring riding. Winter drivers have mostly forgotten to be on the outlook for anything smaller than a car. We are much smaller than a car and really must play our A game to avoid becoming road kill.

Stop and yield signs are just a suggestion to some drivers at the best of times. We are smaller moving targets that are hard to see at times. Use your hi-beam on the GZ during the day. Low-beam is as good as a candle to oncoming traffic.
And wear bright colors if you have them. A safety vest is good insurance. Make a spectacle of yourself.

Find a vacant parking area to practice your skills and sharpen your reflexes. Make sure the bike is 100% functional too. All lights should work and adjustments should be made before hitting the road. Tire PSI will be down after a winter of sitting idle.

Many roads will have winter sand and mung on them. Watch for it especially on corners and curves.

Am I anxious to get out and ride? Sort of kinda thing. Still too cool for me but not for some others living here in the Great White North. I can wait till temps get better and I won't need too many layers of gear.

Login or Register to Remove Ads