View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
alanmcorcoran

Re: Not enough air and front wheel wobblies... All in my head?

Thanks everyone. On the way in today I paid close attention, and, I'm starting to think it was in my head, or maybe there is just a weird pattern on the lanes that go home.

Jonathan - where can I get a Joe Blow? I think the gas station pumps suck, but then again, my bicycle pumps (Silca) are also kind of a pain in the ass. You need some serious muscle to get 130 PSI into a tire and the business end is always need new rubber grommets and blah, blah, blah. When I rode the bicycle I always preferred rock hard inflation (130-135) and pumped up before every ride. I'm not sure what the experts would say about that, but you can feel the road a lot better and I think I got less flats that way. My silca's are set up for the wrong kind of valve and I don't trust them to use on the MC.

I had it up to near 60 coming down the "straightaway" and it seemed okay this morning. I think maybe I was just applying an overactive imagination to the general bouncing and vibration that goes with riding a GZ.

But, based on your responses, I'm gonna put more air in. Thanks again for the feedback - this is great for somebody that has no riding friends or family to check with.