View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Looking into parting out my 2003 GZ250

It will take a long time to move all of the individual parts, and only you can determine what the value of your time is. But you'll make a few hundred dollars moving different parts. - Now that this bike is off the market, the parts are both harder to find, which increases their value, but the market is thinner...and we're a bunch of cheap squeak-walkers.... so no one is going to over-pay and you won't have 15 people barking after every single piece.

Top ends and complete motors are the most valuable - which is obviously what you can't offer. But there is still value in the secondary pieces.

I would make a bunch of different Ebay ads and just let them go for whatever you can get for them. Also, create an ad for the whole bike as is, with the option to close if it necessary. I wouldn't take less than $500 for the complete bike. You could potentially make more parting it out, but it will take a long time to get that money out of lots of $15-$30 parts.

Then again, you could always pull the motor out, slap in a chinese clone or a sweet 1970's two-stroke and have the coolest bike in the neighborhood...or make it electric!