View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #14
finallyinthesaddle

How to jack up the GZ

Take it for what it's worth:

Three weeks after I got my bike I encountered an unfriendly nail somewhere that thought my rear tire would make a good home. I too had trouble getting it off the ground without falling over. I have a set of cheap jackstands ($15.00 or so, I can't remeber the brand or where I got them, but they are definately not the 5-ton variety) that fit really well under the square brackets that the driver's pegs are mounted to (just make sure you get them under the bracket and not the peg, or it could spell disaster). This took care of the front end, both keeping it off the ground, and stabilizing it. For the back I used a cheap 2.5ton car jack that was low enough to go under the frame, and jacked up on the flat bracket that is right in front of the rear wheel (the U-shaped one with two holes that looks just perfect for the center stand that 'Zuki should have put on it). This took care of the rear tire. At the end I had the entire bike off the ground and still had enough room on the side to wiggle the rear tire out.