View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
WW, yes, I think it's just right for me at this time. I am enjoying it. I have to admit that the

ZL600 was exhilarating to ride but the Boulevard fits my 6'1" -240 lb body a lot better. I

was surprised at the handling difference between those two bikes, the ZL almost seemed

to read my mind, just a little body lean and it responded so fast I sometimes just thought it

was doing it on it's own. With the Boulevard I found myself swinging way out in the curves

and I had to adjust a lot. It will ride the turns but I have to put a lot more effort and

weight into it to get it to lean over. It really wants to come back up to the top if I don't

put lean heavily into it, which is nice when you just want a relaxing ride but it does take

more effort in the S-turns.
Have you tried raising the fork tubes half an inch? This will quicken up the steering a bit. That and running the tire pressures a couple lbs more than 2 up specs.

The M-50 has different forks than the C-50 and handles very sweet in the twisties. The C050 is a little more of a relaxed touring bike with a bigger seat, floorboards and different bars too. The one I test rode a few years ago had the heel toe shifter and felt just right after 5 minutes of riding.
I think a lot of riders overlook the C-50 in their search for a new ride because it is only 805cc's. It's HP to Weight ratio is pretty good too.
Speaking of weight. Crash bars are pretty much a must have item if you drop it. I dropped Lynda's M-50 twice with the crash bars on it and it litterly rolled back up to vertical with little effort. The bike was stationary both times doing an oil change. Then I bought a bike lift after escaping any damage or scratches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M-50 pics 011.jpg (98.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg M-50 pics 013.jpg (95.3 KB, 2 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads