Thread: Cool Jackets
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
JIBTEXHNKA

Send a message via AIM to JIBTEXHNKA
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
That hot pink vest and chaps outfit would look fabulous(th) on you JIB!
that's the one i was looking at!! it's great, huh?

....yeah no.

there is a lot of ridiculous stuff on there. but a few good-looking jackets for cheap, so i think i'm gonna look into their return policy and maybe give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbin1978
They use this fabric called Super Fabric. It is supposed to be ultra light weight and 15x more durable than leather. I read that they make gloves out of this stuff.
that link didn't work (for me at least), but i found them on the same site: http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...D=9341&TabID=1.
it looks like it's only "stronger" than leather relative to the thickness of the fabric; like when people tell you that spiderwebs are 10x stronger than steel. but nobody builds skyscrapers out of spiderwebs (not yet, anyway). i'm sure the stuff is great for gloves and probably a ton of other things, but i doubt it would hold up to what a motorcycle jacket would go through. just my thoughts.[/url]

edit:
here are some bits from nakedleatherbiker's shipping/return policies:
http://nakedleatherbiker.com/shipping.php

"...we employ a fixed standard ground shipping charge of $12.00 per order for items shipped in the continental U.S., in one package, and with a total weight under 10 pounds. For packages weighing more than 10 pounds, there is an additional handling fee of $8.00."

"Returns and Exchanges

All returns must be postmarked no later than 30 days from the original customer shipment date. Returns and exchanges must be in new condition and include original product packaging.

There is a restock fee of 20% for any returned, undamaged product. If exchanging an item there is not a restock fee, and the customer pays shipping charges.

To return or exchange an item, contact us by email. We will then forward the proper documentation via a Word attachment for you to print out and place in the box with the return item. Shipping instructions along with the warehouse address will be included in the email. Do not ship to our offices as this will incur an extra shipping charge."

so: for a $150 jacket, if it doesn't fit i'm looking at a $30 re-stocking fee plus $12 shipping each way. so i'm out $54 if their product sucks. i don't do a whole lot of online shopping but i would bet this is at the "crappy" end of the spectrum.