View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Kenny007

Look out for that...

Another newbie question from the new rider...

Now that I've been able to bumble around town, and even a bit in the country, I have a bit of knowledge (little at best) on how a ride can go. However, throughout my entire ride I think of what could go wrong, with brief Intermissions of "Man this is really cool!". Avoiding little objects in the road becomes a major concern in my travels. Having read up on so many ways SEASONED riders can go down, even the most minute of pebbles can send me looking for another part of the lane... In addition, the road to my mothers house has a delta of dirt and gravel at its base, and, having read so much about the dangers of gravel, I took that turn so wide tonight that it was NECESSARY not to have someone in the other lane (desolate country road, so my margin for errors is larger)...my wife was not pleased about that in the rearview mirror...lol. Lastly, on the ride home, someone must have been watering their lawn and the neighbors as well, as there was a small patch of wet on the road that came as quick as it went...but had me wondering the whole time "Even though I'm going relatively straight, can I still tumble somehow?"

With all this swelling in my overly newbie mind, what really should I be concerned about? Any tips for traversing the truly evil obstacles? Or is all the above just useless concern?

Ride Safe! I try to!

Login or Register to Remove Ads