View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
Gunk

Better Wiring Diagram

So long story short, bought a GZ250 from a buddy of mine that picked up a Harley. Rode it for a few weeks, and then instantly started chopping and whacking at the thing to make it more of a fun little bobber for around town.

Fast forward to buying a house, a new job, and a whole lot of other stuff, the thing sits in my garage an absolute mess because when cutting a tab off, I sliced into the wiring pretty severely. Being an electrician who builds fire trucks for a living, this didn't worry me as I work on wiring harness and diagrams 55+ hours a week.

However, the schematic that's given in the manual (or at least the best one I could find) looks like a civil war era letter that's been in the bottom of a wet tool bag for years. So in order for me to better understand and analyze the schematic so I can eliminate 90% of the electric safety features on the bike, I took it upon myself to re-do the schematic IN COLOR so I can modify it to suit my needs.

But what kind of clown would I be if I didn't share this with the GZ250 community so that if anyone else has issues with their wiring schematic, it would be a lot easier to diagnose the problems? Well here it is, not complete yet, but the wires are all there, connected to where they need to go.

I am still slowly adding all the components, as well as the plugs that connect each module. I made this in GIMP, so I do have the .xcf file if anyone wants to try and load it into their software to edit or modify as I plan on doing that same thing.

It's still a bit messy, as a screen shot of the original schematic is behind it, only to use as a guide for the image. Once the entire thing is complete, the original will not be there at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIRING DIAGRAM.jpg (157 Bytes, 26 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads