View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
grego

Re: CHOKE DOESN'T WORK

HI ALL

the conclusion

when i got home today i thought well the penetrating oil should have dripped out the other end. and lo and behold it did !! gave the cable a tug and nothing. well now to plan b. i followed geezers instructions on tank removal. the tank had one more hose at the rear of the tank. what its for i don't have a clue.
removed the cable. i found a kink in the cable. not where you would expect under the tank, but about a foot down from the hand grip. carefully reconfigured the cable cover until the cable moved freely.
injected light weight sewing machine oil into the cable until it came out the other end.
reassemble was easy until the spring shoot past me at the speed of light. after a 15minute search outside the garage i found it. put everything back together and adjusted the cable.
fired it up and there is about 1.5 inches of travel and i can hear the rpms going up and down. now it idles a lot better. the choke must have been partially engaged.

well that was my first venture into bike repair and am sure it won't be the last. thanks to all for your expert advice.holding my hand thru the operation

safe biking

grego