View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
kilo0195

I think I found my oil consumption problem. Part of it I suspect being riding so hard at high rpm's. The other part of it I found is that my breather filter is soaked. It's not dripping, but completely soaked. This tells me that plenty of oil is getting to it and more than likely coming out when I'm in the high rpm's. My theory is that the larger piston is causing extra pressure in the crankcase on the downstroke. This would naturally force more oil into the breather. Right now the breather is attached to the end of the short stock vent hose. I'm going to extend it and mount the breather right under the seat next to the air filter. Hopefully the extra length and elevation will solve it. Otherwise I will have to find other and probably more expensive and extensive solutions. I wonder if a small oil cooler would help eliminate some pressure? A line from the pressure check port to cooler and then to a tap put in the oil filter cover? I'm sure the bike would be thanking me dearly for one anyways with the extra stress on the current setup.