View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:12 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
The GZ is primarily a street cruiser. It is great on secondary roads as well where the speeds are usually 55 to 60 mph. Unfortunately, here in the Southwest there is a lot of space betwixt and between places and we see mainly interstate highways connecting it all, as you know living in the LA area. I would opt for the secondary coastal highways going North. There is some beautiful country to ride and not have to maintain freeway speeds.
Totally agree. Even with a more powerful bike the secondary road network is my choice too. More scenic and relaxing. You stop in anywhere in a smaller town for a bite to eat and make new friends at a local diner for food that doesn't come prepackaged and warmed up. The local folks will direct you to points of interest not shown on the map.

Freeways and interstates are for getting somewhere fast or quickly. Truckers and folks on the go need them. Get on the road less travelled and smell the flowers. Stop and see the sights that are often hidden away from view. As we have found in the past there are amazing folks just living off the beaten path with a fantastic history to share if you sit down over a coffee and say Hi.

I honestly think I live in Paradise because many of those same folks come to me in my wide spot in the road and share their stories over a coffee. I know folks who have climbed Mount Everest and years ago I met an old fellow who was a key figure in producing the 1st atomic bomb dropped on Japan.

It is a two way street. Meet folks in their backyard and they will meet you in your backyard. The human race is more fascinating than most of us can imagine. Strike up a conversation with some one from another part of the world. Get their insights rather than the local news channel babble. At 73 years young I am loving being alive to meet new friends with their stories to tell. And tell them your stories too. They may find your story just as fantastic as theirs is to you.