Thread: 16" Rear Rim
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
NJG

Thanks, Jonathan! I am not doing rut ridding - you are right! Thats for a dirtbike!

This is more of a fun project. I did end up going with tires from Alibaba. A note to the wise - if you are looking at Alibaba, make sure to weed out the options for 100 quantity, and 1 quantity. All in all I think I am paying $115 for 2 Duro wheels 110/90-16 and 130/90-15. If it doesn't work, at least Im not out a bunch of money.

The dream I love thinking about is that the GZ250 is small enough to fit on my jeeps back bike carrier. The idea of bringing a half road, half off-road bike on family trips is pretty exciting.

With the tires resolved, I am also looking at some custom muffler work to be done to remove the second pipe from going under the frame and connecting it to the to the right side pipe in-front of the motor. Unfortunately I have limits to my reach so I am having a pro shop look at doing it. I know that when you start messing with pipes, performance can drop and in some states, it's not allowed!

Great forum, I am looking forward to chatting with you all!

Login or Register to Remove Ads