Thread: Suuki GW250
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
Ls650thumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Spent an hour or more just cruising the Web for the GW250. Quite an interesting bike for a 250. Cheaper than a new GZ or TU and it's country of origin is the reason. A Chinese made Suzuki is what it is.
Starting with a FI water cooled verticle twin gets my attention and the 26 HP sounds like a blast. Disc brakes on both ends too.
Very popular in China and Japan with the Chinese models having a standard center stand. Also available in Canada, U.S., Australia and the U.K. Probably many more countries too.
Oh yeah, a counter blanced engine with 6 gears in the tranny. Might be a good upgrade when a few hit the used market after newer riders move up to a bigger bike.
My only concern would be the insurance. It is still a 250(248 cc actually) but some ins. companies might want to call it a sport bike due to it's appearance. If displacement is the only criteria then it will be cheap to own. Engine size would be great here as the displacement is the only factor.
After reading a few articles and reviews I would surely put the GW on the short list of smaller more moderm bikes to look at when the time comes.
Google is my friend and entertainment.
WW, is this the first Chinese made Suzuki ? sometimes the smaller bikes are wicked fun and the price maybe the bottom line.