Thread: Tank Bags
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Tank bags are a good addition to your biking gear. Magnetic bags are great with no straps or other nonsense to get in your way. Both Lynda and I used Joe Rocket magnetic tank bags with no complaints. They are approx 14 x 8 inches not including the flaps with the magnets in them.

Look at Joe Rocket, TourMaster and Nelson-Rigg for a comparison. There are more than these 3 but all I can think of at the moment.

Do you intend to carry valueable items in the bag?? Get one with some padding to protect your stuff. Now I'll tell you why. Lynda stopped for gas one day and took the bag off the tank and put it "Behind" her drivers backrest on the M-50. Filled up and rode away. The bag stayed put until we were riding about 70 mph. I did my usual mirror check and happened to see a black thing flip off her bike. Quickly stopped and walked back to get the bag and fearing the worst. The bag was scuffed but intact. Ditto for the cell and nice new expensive camera. I doubt it was a JR bag and likely her newer Nelson-Rigg bag.