View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #28
kilo0195

The 300cc gave me enough torque with a 16t to pass uphill while I was cruising about 70mph... I'm about 155lbs.

The oil cooler issue I found on alliexpress as well. $79 gets you a kit for a gn250 that includes everything you need. One hose goes into the oil pressure check port and the other goes into a ported oil filter cover that's included. I ordered that one for the insurance and peace of mind. I haven't been able to get good temps readings but I'm sure especially after the new setup I will be running a little warm. It says it will be up to 45 days to get here though... bummer. At least it's cold outside.

As far as upgrading to this level... I think I was outdone before I started. In my research before the 300cc I came across photos of a gz with a pulley attached to the crank on the stator side. They were using that to power an AMR300 roots type blower. I'm pretty sure it was making far more power than I will be haha. That said I'm confident I spent far less than they did. My NA route is probably a little more reliable as well.

Another thing I will try to do when I get my jug back tomorrow is calculate my compression ration. I shaved the Head a little already but I also countered that probably when I domed the combustion chamber. I basically removed all the sharp ridges and made everything a nice round dome instead of its stock lumpy dome form. They're taking .050 off the jug which on average would bump CR by a full point. Keep in mind though there is also now an extra 3mm wide squish area all the way around the combustion chamber on the head. If I had to guess I'd say it will probably be close to 10.5/1