View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
grego

Re: CHOKE DOESN'T WORK

hi all

went to work on the bike when i got home from work. i first removed the 14 mm nut at the engine.
then at the handle grip i removed the screw holding the choke into the hand grip. i removed the screw across from the first screw. the top and bottom of the assembly that contains the horn,directionals and hi beams. it wouldn't come completely apart, perhaps i missed something.
i could see the choke cable. it was a nice lime green.

i tried to loosen the adjusting nut, but i couldn't get the cable elbow out of the assembly. i stuck the plastic hose that's on the can of kroil penetrating oil next to the cable as far down as i could get it. sprayed the oil onto the cable. hopefully some of it would run down the cable.
after about 10-15 minutes tried to move the cable. still no go at the engine end.

i think my next move is to remove the whole assembly. i'm sure somebody out there has had to take it apart and can walk me thru it. i hate breaking things when i'm trying to fix something.
i looked in the service manual and remove figure a then remove figure b doesn't quite help me .

any and all help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

safe biking

grego