View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Badbob

I obviously don't care about the millage. I bought it to learn as much as possible on. I figured the money was gone when I handed them the check. When and if I get ready to sell I expect to sell for half or less of my purchase price. You need seat time to learn and you get seat time by riding. I want as much experience as I can get before I go on to the next level what ever that might be.

If you will reread my post you'll note that I said back country dirt roads not off road. I've seen a lot worse city streets than where I live today. Mostly in places where it shows a lot and they have this thing about slinging salt everywhere. Pot holes that would kill you if you hit them with a GZ250. Broken pavement and edge traps of every description. Huge holes in the road that are not completely covered with those slipery steel plates (death trap for any bike). Need I mention construction where even the cage drivers are afraid to go fast. Man hole covers sticking up three or four inches above the pavement. I was on a trip years ago and while crossing a bridge I saw a hole in the pavement that went all the way through. These are a few things that come to mind.

Things you can do with your GZ250:
There are meets for 250s. The next time I see an announcement I will repost it here.

There are a few people who love 250s and have a herd of them. There is a 250cc Yahoo Group as well as a couple of web sites.

At least one person has ridden his GZ250 to Alaska and back.

Go on camping trips. I have been on one and plan on going on more. There were three people a two GZ250s on this trip. Round trip total about 800 miles.

Tour the back roads. I've ridden as much as 474 miles in a day and never touched any thing larger than US highway. I like county roads best. More to see and the riding is much more laid back.

Learn to be a good rider on the cheap. Is cheap to by its cheap to own and if you scratch it up while your learning so what. Thats what I got mine for and believe me I've got scratches. If ti makes you feel bad to drop a GZ250 imagine how you would feel if you paid $15 0r $20 dollars and you dropped it.

I'm not going to waste my time worrying about resale value. I'm going to think about the next ride.