View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #9
burkbuilds

I'm making daily progress with my healing. I no longer need the entire lower leg bandaged, just around the ankle and heal area now. I can get out of the bed by myself, use a walker to get to the wheelchair and make it to our bathroom on my own which is a BIG deal to me. I am making daily progress with physical therapy and my strength, stamina, and range of motion are all improving incrementally but still noticeably better. The PT that did my initial evaluation when I came home from the hospital returned on Friday and he was very pleased with the progress I have made and he added a bunch of "exercises" to my routine and I'm working hard on them. I'm able to sit upright in the wheelchair for about 2 hours now before I have to lay down again. I've had two "showers" this week, which made me feel like a person again. Have you ever gone 3 weeks without a shower? I'm sure many of you who served in the military have gone longer than that but it was a first for me and wow, it's hard to describe how good that feels to wash and feel clean again.

Thanks again for your support while I heal and your thoughts and prayers for me and my family as they help care for me.