Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Glad you made it home safely. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It reminds me of a trip back from Tofino through Hope and down into Idaho. It poured cats and dogs for two days solid and when I got into northern Idaho, I hit snow. Did I mention this was on July 3rd and 4th? Not ideal riding weather.
OMG, that would be a gruesome ride. As much as we don't want bad weather for our trips it can and will happen. Such events are to be savored because they make us who we are in real life. We will never gain experience and wisdom at home in a rocking chair. After I retired I bought my own idea of a rocking chair. It had 2 wheels and it was blue. My Vstrom made me younger again after years of aging. Returning to riding was the best medicine money could buy.
Lynda bought her GZ at age 60. She had never ridden before and wanted to give it a shot. Her smiles and enthusiasm made her years younger too.
We made a lot of new friends on our travels and that made riding even more of a pleasure. We never met a rider we didn't like.