Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
I know what you mean. This is my 52nd year on a motorcycle of some sort. Started out on a 50cc Tohatsu, graduated to a Triumph 650, then a Greeves 500. Bought a BMW in Germany and promptly totaled it on a mountain road, and for the time being, I have my little GZ commuter bike.
My only crashes were with off road bikes and crashing comes with the territory. I became very adept as crashing in slow motion. Not near as harmful. That said, I've had some near miss adventures onroad due to lack of smarts on my part. Proper training at a good rider traning school helped a lot. Training and reading Proficient Motorcycling filled in many of the blanks.
Lynda became an amazing rider. Bought her GZ at 60 and trained on a Honda Rebel 250(wishing it was her GZ). She was safe, observant as all get out and a treat to ride with. No mishaps or get-offs ever. Watching her on the twisty roads with her GZ and later the Suzuki M-50 was like watching poetry in motion. The bikes were like they were on rails. I think she was a natural rider but never had the chance earlier in life. She conquered every road surface under the bike and endured all sorts of weather. After 5 years she hung up her helmet and said "I'm done riding". The M-50 was eventually sold and the proceeds went towards her new 2012 Corolla. An end to an era but she put the car to good use with travelling and goofing around. Camera in hand she was unstopable.