View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

Welcome to the forum ThisGuysFirstGZ. It sounds like you need a rebuild kit for your petcock and it is available online on Ebay and multiple other sites. Just reference your make, model, and year of your bike. Although it might not be necessary, I would replace the air filter (about $45) and change the oil and filter. Fill the crankcase with the appropriate 10/40 W oil to just below the full mark with the bike level. That should take care of most of your running issues. Adjust your throttle screw so that the bike idles around 1500 rpm when warmed up. The adjustment screw is located on the right side of the bike under the fuel tank behind the cylinder head. It is white with a knurled round knob.
While you are at it, I would buy some Seafoam and add it to your fuel tank to clean things out. I believe it is one ounce for every gallon of fuel (3.4 oz. on a full tank).
That should get things up and running. There are plenty of how to's on rebuilding the petcock on line and it is pretty simple with just a few basic tools. The whole bike is pretty easy to maintain even for a novice. Download the manual online as well as this will help you see how everything is put together. Good luck and safe riding.