Thread: Air Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
ncff07

Air Pump

I thought I'd pass this along since it has been discussed in another thread about tire pressures and pumps/pump fittings to get the nozzle on the stem ok. I was going to buy just a plain portable air tank to keep for my bike/truck/car/mower since I got rid of my air compressor after we quit racing. While looking at what Walmart had I noticed a tiny 12v portable air pump for $9.99 so I got that instead of a $40 tank that I'd have to fill up at the gas station and take back home when needed. I had my doubts how good it would be but I tried it today and it did better than i thought it would. Its a little slow but faster than what it says at inflating a flat full size tire in 14 minutes. I adjusted pressure in both bike tires, inflated 4 mower tires and checked my truck tires in 15 minutes. It goes up to 50 psi has a built in gauge and small LED light on the bottom and an on/off switch. The hose is flexible and i had no problems getting it on the bike tires at all and it threads onto the valve stem. The cord is pretty long I had it plugged into my truck and stretched out the window and it reached across the top onto the far side of the mower without a problem and has a small case to keep it in too. Comes with a football/basketball/etc needle and an adaptor to use it on pools toys and stuff. And NO I dont work for Walfart just liked how the thing did. :lol:

Login or Register to Remove Ads