Thread: Jetting: Part 1
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #35
Jaime

Re: The Final Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Here it is. The final word on this.

I spent 2.5 hours working on this thing this afternoon and it's not worth it.

The jetting wasn't as hard as I made it out to be. The midrange was spot on and the main jet only required an increase to 125. The idle mixture only needed to be slightly tuned.

Even then, aside from some AWESOMELY raunchy noise under full throttle, the bike makes no more power. I did notice a loss of power taking off from a stop, but it was negligable. As Badbob mentioned in another post, it was, unfortunately a waste of time.

I'll post some photos from the process tomorrow morning.

I'm a bit discouraged, but I've got the bike back together and she's ready for the ride down to Franklin tomorrow.

SEe you then,
Jonathan
Which filter are you using right now? I bought a small one and the jetting is similar to yours, but without filter even a 130 is still lean at full throttle.
Now I'm waiting for a big K&N filter and I spect a higher jetting than 125... Keep in mind that a "richer" jet needle could increase power too (the stock needle limits the maximum fuel flow of bigger main jets, even shiming it) and a bigger pilot jet will remove the power loss at taking off, as I've checked.

Also, now it's possible that the exhaust system would be the limiting factor.

Login or Register to Remove Ads