View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #12
burkbuilds

Thanks WW,

I'm making steady, if slow, progress, although my Physical Therapist tells me I'm about 25% ahead of where they thought I'd be at this time. I can stay up in a chair for about 4 hours now before the swelling requires me to elevate the leg, so I can actually roll around in my wheelchair and do stuff for a while now. My pain level is way down and I'm only taking a nerve pain medicine that's not opiate based and it does not make me drowsy or anything so that's a big improvement. No prescription pain meds other than that one now, yea.

My range of motion in the leg is still limited by swelling and to some degree pain when I bend the joints but I'm making progress. I'll go back to Dr the first week in December for more x-rays and evaluations and they should be able to tell me about when I can expect to start putting weight on the leg again at that time.

I've taken up whittling (wood carving with a knife) which is something I've always wanted to try but just never had time. I've done more than I thought I could already so maybe I'll be decent at this after a few years. It's fun and I like making things so this is a relatively cheap hobby that I can do from a chair for now.

I'll attach a pic of my first piece which I carved out of a broken broom handle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171113_191937.jpg (101.1 KB, 10 views)