View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #16
burkbuilds

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. I'm still on the mend but making progress. My son in law brought me his old multi station home gym and I've started working on my upper body while I'm waiting to be allowed to put weight on the leg. I return to the Dr this week and they'll let me know if it's ready for weight bearing or if it needs to grow some more bone.

I'm still doing some carving. I've made a few "wizards" or "father Christmas" if you prefer and yesterday I did my first "little guy" carving. I'll attempt to add the pics.

My wife and I actually went out tonight, first time I've gone anywhere but a Dr's since the wreck. We did some Christmas shopping for the grand kids and had a nice dinner at a local restaurant, just the two of us, then came home and watched some movies on the TV. It was really nice to go out but it was a lot of work for my wife loading and unloading the wheelchair. She's been a trooper through all of this. I think I'll keep her.

I'll keep you posted on my recovery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (85.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0120.jpg (92.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171116_154121.jpg (97.5 KB, 3 views)