View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #20
burkbuilds

Continuing to make progress with my recovery. Monday the Dr. gave me permission to start putting weight "as tolerated" on my leg. So, I started and have made progress each day. It has been very painful though. My wife asked me Monday night what it felt like as I applied some weight to that leg/foot. "It feels like someone is sticking very sharp knives through every bone in my foot and ankle" was my reply. It took me about 24 hours before I could bend the ankle enough to get my heel to touch the ground and each day I've been able to put a little more weight on it and do more. By today I'm able to use a walker and go up and down our hallway. I still can't put all my weight on it yet but it becomes easier and less painful to put more weight on it each day and to do more, so Yea! Next Wednesday, Dec. 20th, I'm scheduled to get an evaluation by a Dr. of Physical Therapy here in town and then start having sessions twice a week for six weeks.
So, I'm making progress, maybe I'll actually be walking by new years.

Merry Christmas to all of you and stay safe while riding as much as depends on you.

John