View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #133
5th_bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacio View Post
Not connecting it to headlight bulb wiring. I'm using brown wire that was some option in harness - also in the headlight enclosure. From schematic it does not seem to be connected to anything else...

BTW: Checked voltage at the horn - its 11V. Maybe my ground somewhere is weak
I got similar readings as you did, a lower voltage at the horn than at the battery itself. Considering the measurement was taken with the lights on (can't switch them off, US bike), I'd say the horn circuit and the other ones like the brown wire in the headlamp branch off somewhere between the battery and the lights - after the main fuse. No worries about "weak ground".

Ah well, it seems there is no other possibility to get battery voltage than at the battery itself, because the remainder of the electric circuits works under a bit lower voltage. It isn't too hard to squeeze a wire between the battery poles and clamps. Quite easy to route too, along with the wire harness under the tank. Do keep away from the hot engine head. And include an inline 10A or so fuse for the red wire, right at the battery.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by 5th_bike; 10-17-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added a bit.