View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
BladeVortex

It's completely up to you if you want to part it out. I am definitely not an expert but from what I can see, it looks like you will need 2 new front suspension assemblies and a new rear brake pedal assembly.
I believe you can buy what's called a "cartridge kit" which is just 2 front suspension assemblies. I think all that's important is their orientation, diameter of the upper pole, and diameter of the lower hole.
You can also buy used GZ250 front end assemblies on eBay for cheap, however obviously if they're there then they were in the same situation as you, if that's important to you.
The rear brake is the same, you can buy a new one as an aftermarket part if you can check fitment, or you can buy used ones off of other GZ250's that have been part'd on eBay.
I recommend parting it out, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to fix it up so long as you do it yourself. And as with every DIY job on a motorcycle, don't do it if it makes you uneasy, you should be confident. If you feel uneasy, it's your brain saying "hey there's a detail that you don't know about that will totally ruin the bike". The simple fix for that is hours of YouTube and Google. Good luck!