View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #42
scott103

I have an 09 with 14xxx? miles on it, and have put at least the last 500 on with the 16t i upgraded to. I can't tell if it hurt gas mileage, because i don't pay that close of attention, just put in $9-10 within 40miles of hitting reserve, but it seems like i've been going farther. I rode the 15t on the interstate a few times, then experienced a night and day difference with the 16t. I'm comfortable at 65-70, can still hit 75+mph, with the 15t i didn't like going over 60 very often.
The biggest benefit I found is that I can cruise on 40-45mph limit streets in 4th gear without feeling like i should hop up to 5th. I may be burning a little more gas in 4th at 45, but in 5th, i had to downshift if i slowed down at all or wanted to accellerate.
I also feel that 1st gear is finally useful for parking lots, and i can use 2nd gear in residential areas, whereas it sounded like the motor was revving pretty high at 25 in 2nd with the 15t.

I weigh 170ish, and think my bike may have been jetted in the past, so that might be why i don't feel there is a loss in power-my bike is also NOT coldblooded in 40 degree weather
I give the 16t two thumbs up, but weight or jetting could be a factor.