View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
varangianknight

Re: Learning to corner

Thanks to alanmcorcoran for re-assuring me that taking it slow and going at my own pace is all right, it may piss off a few drivers who want to go 10kph faster, but i'll get there alive! Im new to motorbikes but have ridden a pushy for the last twenty years (never owned a car) so i like to think that some of the BASIC principles of riding a bike (motor and push!) are somewhat in grained, please let me if im wrong or there are any major differneces. The thing im having trouble with is adjusting my range. Coming into a corner i still tend to look to down the road about 30 feet. too close i know! But what IS the right range? The faster you go into a corner do you look further ahead? Does the radius of the turn matter ie the tighter it is, do you need to look closer. Also where i live ther are some REALLY crappy road surfaces, so how do you look ahead and in front of you for leaves and slippery bits of road that tend to spring up on you no matter how well prepared you are. Im guessing ill learn most of this by trial and error, (more trial than error i hope), but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads