Thread: Cafe Idea Help
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
descargaelbano

Cafe bars

Here's a pic of a bike I picked up for $400 and started the transformation already. The bike has a tick in the upper end so I know I need to have a new valve seat installed before it drops a valve. I wanted to get the bike looking the way I wanted before I drive it or I know it will never happen.

These are just used upside down dirtbike handlebars I put on there to see how it feels while seated. Someone had already shortened them so the controls are in very close but they still clear the tank by 1/4". The correct clipons that go forward and up for a bigger person were way out of my budget at $200. I looked at the Norman Hyde M-Bars but they really don't have a cafe look to me once you bolt them onto the bike so I ordered clubmans. My clubmans will be here tomorrow so I will install them ASAP and post more pics. The top tree of these bikes are pretty wide at 11" so I had to buy the wide clubmans with the 11-1/4" between the horns or they wouldn't be adjustable. Hope any of these pics will help U decide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1018.jpg (96.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1011.jpg (100.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1016.jpg (99.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1015.jpg (99.6 KB, 58 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by descargaelbano; 07-07-2014 at 10:38 AM.