View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #46
tcrave

Re: First time Rider and Owner

How high is it idling? Is the choke on or off? Check your throttle cables, and I know this sounds stupid, but check the kickstand and the kickstand spring.

To explain, my bike stalled on me while I was driving and it had plenty of gas. I couldn't get it to restart, so I put the choke all the way up and it started up. If the choke was on, it idled too high, but still ran, if I turned the choke down, it would die. After playing with the idle screw a bit, I turned the idle a little higher up and it was fine. You might just have the idle set too low.

Check your throttle cables, make sure they are not stuck and are working properly.

Check your kickstand and the kickstand spring. I know its a wierd and long shot, but these bikes have a killswitch on the kickstand to where you can't go anywhere if the kickstand is down. There have been plenty of times that my bike died when I tried to take off, only because I forgot to flip up the kick stand. You say you were riding the bike already, so thats not the problem, but I am wondering if maybe the spring is loose and when you hit a bump or something, the kick stand comes down just enough to kill the bike?

Also make sure your gas switch is on the "on" position and not "PRI"...and make sure there are no leaks.