View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #19
burkbuilds

Re: Denver to Atlanta

Bill, it's good to have you back on the forum. 600 miles in a day, wow, I am impressed.

Alan, I second WW's idea on checking out Russel's place. If I were anywhere near there I think I would have gone that route if I had the money. If you make an appointment, they will let you drive in and fit and build the seat the same day if I remember their adds correctly. I've heard a lot of riders comment on how comfortable their seats are and they look really good too.

Yep, found it:
One-Day Ride-In Service
Bring yourselves and your motorcycle to our shop, and we'll build and install your "Day-Long" Saddle all in one day. This arrangement is strictly by appointment, and there is an extra charge (see Prices). This process allows you to test sit the seat for comfort and make adjustments as needed before the seat goes to the covering department. Appointments are accepted for Tuesday through Friday only.

The openings are limited and fill up quickly in the spring and summer months, so please call early if you want an appointment. Campgrounds and motels are available close by. We are located at 800 feet, so winter weather is not a factor.

If you are planning for a Ride-In Service option, please download and read our instructions (PDF), to help prepare you for the service and to facilitate your seat order. Download Instructions>>
http://www.day-long.com/index.html